honestyrain

always be honest, except for when you lie

Saturday, November 13, 2004

preparing to do battle

The kids are sick. Last night the Little One barfed every fifteen minutes all night long. Her Brother got up for the day at 5am and was a bear all day for not having slept long enough. Now he too is sick but not barfing and I am in for a long night of coughing and puking, depending on the child.

I am ready for either. My evening's entertainment included washing sheets, collecting every blanket we own and creating a clean up station next to my bed. I have cough medicine, diapers, wipes, paper towel, wash cloths, towels, extra balnkets to make up for any that get puked on mid slumber. Tonight I will not be caught off guard.

Which means everyone will sleep like a rock.

There is nothing worse than sick kids. It breaks a mommy's heart. And makes her feel even more guilty for not being perfect and having been impatient at Walmart when the sickies weren't behaving perfectly earlier today. Who takes sick kids to Walmart? My memberships to the Superior Mommy Society is in serious danger. And rightfully so.