honestyrain

always be honest, except for when you lie

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

it's a nick and jessica christmas!

I but rarely use exclamation marks and to use them in a title like is quite the thing. The cause for this celebration ~ Christmas with my favorite couple Nick and Jessica Simpson. Wait. Oops. Sorry Nick. Nick kept his own name, folks. He's his own man. Make no mistake.

It probably comes as a shock to those of you who know me well (that's no one, by the way) that I do in fact adore Nick and Jessica and am saddened to hear that they will not be doing another year of their much loved televison show. It has been a joy for me to witness Jessica's silliness, Nick's devotion to doing things for himself and saving money wherever he could. Oh how we laughed when Jessica said she didn't know buffalos have wings. My side hurts just thinking about it. And I'm sure everyone remembers Nick carting that video game up the side of the house to get it upstairs, operating the tractor all by himself. Oh my goodness. Laughter ensued.

I am only one percent sarcastic.

I do not enjoy the music of these youngsters but rather the youngsters themselves. They are endearing and frankly if I were ten years younger living in California and in the business of having access to famous people I wouldn't mind hanging out with Jessica Simpson. She's a sweet girl who couldn't help but make me look like a friggin' genius.

I think she is misunderstood. Be nice.

And so I am off to watch them Christmas it up on the Tv tonight. Nothing says HOLIDAYS like a blond girl belting out I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Come watch with me. It'll be nice.

Edited to add: I'm really going to watch The Apprentice. I have no patience for Christmasy shows of any kind, in truth.