honestyrain

always be honest, except for when you lie

Saturday, January 29, 2005

deep sigh of everlovin' relief

Today my children, who I love dearly, are going to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Celebrate with me!

If you're a parent you know that although you love your children and would like nothing better than to spend every minute of every day with them for the rest of your life, reality suggests that doing so would make you poke your own eyes out and run screaming into the hills.

Screaming, I say, and screaming loudly.

On this day my kids, who I love, don't forget, are going to see my Husband's parents where they will be treated as though the sun and the moon shone only for them. Not that we don't treat them that way. It's just that a little time away to refresh will allow us to once again see them in that light.

As opposed to the light that currently casts just such a glow as to make them appear to have horns like The Devil Himself.

Not that we don't love them. We do. And frankly I wish you would stop implying otherwise. There's nothing wrong with mommy and daddy going for lunch alone ( we promise to talk about the kids non stop), see a movie (The Aviator because it starts at a time that suits our purpose) and perhaps go to a book store and not be diverted from buying books to chase around two crazy people Who We Love Dearly.

Everyone will be happier at the end of the day from having spent a little time apart. It's a good thing for everyone.

Especially me and I'm the one who matters.