honestyrain

always be honest, except for when you lie

Thursday, January 20, 2005

i watch tv because there's no butter to churn

I like TV. Always have. For as long as TV has existed I have loved it and it has loved me back. We've been great friends these many years and I'm not about to end the relationship. Now that I have children and TV is the only thing I have to look forward to on this earth every night once my children toddle off to bed.

I do other things. I have an active life. I have an active mind. I am not a slave to television.

Ok, I do schedule my life around what's on but I don't have Tivo, so. What else am I gonna do? I can't miss ER and I'm done taping on VHS because VHS is stupid. I will be organising myself around the TV Guide until Tivo comes to Canada. That's just the way it's gonna be.

Don't worry though. I'm wireless. I can be on the internet during commercials.

Those of you who are not catching much TV because you ARE churning butter I wonder, out loud, why the hell? They sell it in stores you know. It gets there by magic. So sit down and act like a regualr person.

TV is good for you. Anyone who says different is just pressing on my last nerve.

I'm off to see what Miss Katie Couric is about this morning. I like to be informed on the news of the day. The news of the day that the US media sees fit to share with the rest of the world, that is. Watered down and severely slanted. That's how I likes my information. It's nice and fluffy that way.

Now shut up with your butter and go watch TV.