honestyrain

always be honest, except for when you lie

Monday, December 13, 2004

i feel fanbloodytastic

Some of you may recall that a while back I mentioned I was planning to begin lifting heavy things again. In other words, I was going to renew my gym membership. I believe I heard a muffled chuckle roll across The Great Out There. I don't think anyone believed I would actually go. I suspect you all nodded, grinned knowingly and have since been waiting to hear of my not going to the gym after all. Many excuses to follow.

Ha!

I will have you know! I have been going with great regularity and am noticing the benefits, thank you ever so very much, Doubting Thomas You. Not only do I go but I go early (by 7am), in the dark and winter cold. I lift weights, I do cardio, I even throw in a bit of yoga before I return to my family and the rest of my lovely life.

Do you know, I feel great. I have more energy than I've had in eons. My mood is improved, my smile is brighter. I am dancing around my kithcen with the boundless enthusiasm of a child. Not right this second. I'm typing right now, not dancing. I only meant that I am occassionally given to dancing. You knew what I meant.

Now granted, my butt isn't any smaller but that'll take another week or so. For now I am gleeful at feeling alive again and look forward to feeling better and better and better.

Life is good. My internal sun is shining again. There is no stopping me now.