honestyrain

always be honest, except for when you lie

Saturday, February 05, 2005

when the nieces come, trick them into babysitting

My brother is looking after my sister's kids while my sister and her husband are away on a relationship retreat at a local hotel. Yes, really, that's where they are. Hush.

Being that my brother is a single sort of guy and does not have children he knows not what to do with two girls all weekend. Therefore he has brought them to my house for the day. A visit. You know.

An opportunity too.

My neices are twelve and eight. The twelve year old is very good at looking after my three and one year olds and the eight year old is excellent at playing with the three year old. Those two are thick as thieves I tell ya.

Why wouldn't it occur to me that this is just the perfect set up for an hour to myself?

Yes, I've shuffled them off into the basement to play and make merry. While I sit here and enjoy all of you. Even YOU are going to benefit from my diabolical ways. I will be able to visit a few of your blogs before I am needed again. The excitement is almost more than I or you can handle.

You're excited. Don't pretend you're not.

Now let me be so I can go do this stuff because there is no way I've got long.